Register with your Microsoft account, which is the same account you use for other Microsoft services, like email, Microsoft Office, or OneDrive. (Don't have a Microsoft account? Sign up now!) You can also register for the Windows Insider Program for Business with your work account.
Accept the terms of our Program Agreement and Privacy Statement and submit. Welcome to the Windows Insider Program!
1. First, make sure you're ready to set up flighting:
2. To install Windows Insider Preview Builds you must be running a licensed version of Windows on your device. You can install Windows here if your device is currently running an older version or if you need to buy Windows. If you're having issues installing Windows, you can also download a Windows Insider Preview ISO to get started.
3. The process of setting up flighting restarts your device during program setup and updating. Make sure you're ready for this, so you don't lose open documents or unsaved work. You might also want to take a picture of these directions or bookmark this page on your browser to get back to it easily.
4. Once your device restarts, make sure your data settings are set to the right level, so you can receive preview builds.
1. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program on your Windows device. (You must be an administrator on your device to see this setting.)
2. Select the Get Started button. Under Pick an account to get started, select + to connect the Microsoft account you registered with and continue.
3. Follow the directions on your screen to choose the experience and channel you'd like to get Insider Preview builds through. (Not sure which channel to choose? Learn more about channels.)
4. Review the Privacy Statement and program terms, confirm, and choose Restart Now or Restart Later to finish setting up your device.
5. Once your device restarts, make sure your data settings are set to the right level, so you can receive preview builds.
6. Once you've set your data settings, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select the Check for updates button to download the latest Insider Preview build based on the settings you chose. Your device will update like it normally would with a Windows update.
7. Read our flight blog posts to learn more about what's in your Insider Preview build.